Wednesday, March 31, 2010


What a mighty God we serve! Somebody say an AMEN!! Monday was a brand new experience for me. I don’t know how many of you have seen the show Heartland (cbc.ca/video/), but it has become my new favourite show. Some of you who know the show may think it’s really stupid but it’s quite the contrary. The episodes play on Sundays at 7pm on CBC but those of us who don’t really watch TV, it’s posted online. So I was watching the latest episode and had the weirdest/coolest/most amazing God moment! Ladies, you know how emotions can get the best of us around that “time of the month”. This was a very different emotion. In this episode, one of the sisters is getting married and her fiancé springs some information on her at the last minute. He is owner of a well known oil company and it’s doing VERY well. He has flown back and forth between Alberta and Dubai. There is a deal that he has to finish, but in order for it to go through and work well, he has to move to Dubai. He tells her this tidbit of information just months before the wedding and she blows up! All that planning gone to waste!! She will not get her dream wedding or her dream dress. All through this struggle, there is one person who is constant in her life and that is her Grandpa. When she is about to get married, she hesitates. Her Grandpa talks to her softly saying “Do you love him?” At this point I burst into tears. I cried so hard my chest started to hurt. My eyes started to sting and I felt like throwing up because I was crying to hard. I couldn’t for the life of me, understand why God would allow me to go through this.


Do you love Him? Do you really love him? I know for a fact that that God’s timing is perfect (Jer. 29:11). He has everything planned for you and me. While doing this Beth Moore study, God has convicted me of some things that have been holding me back from fully experiencing His perfect love. I haven’t given the dream of getting married and having a family. I’ve just given it up to God for He has my life planned for me and will give me what I need as time goes on. You can peak at a gift and try to be surprised when you actually get it. We have already received a gift. Jesus Christ gave His life for us and we are free from sin because of that sacrifice. Even though we will keep sinning over and over again, He will keep forgiving us over and over again, not because He has to but because He LOVES us. What a promise! You can have that promise. There’s another gift! Don’t you see? He is full of gifts! He wants to give them to you. Wait on the Lord, be strong and take heart; wait on the Lord. Ps. 27:14.

Let Him in to love you and see what miraculous things will happen in your life.

No comments: